Welcome to MollyQCreates
Your source for scrapbook and crafting inspiration, tips and techniques. I’m a scrapbooker and crafter at heart and love sharing ideas and techniques to help sp ark your creativity – one idea, one layout, one project at a time.
One of my big frustrations is to find a great product or tip online and not be able to purchase it. Therefore, I also run the retail scrapbook and crafting site ScrapnTime.com. Most of the products featured in my blog can be found and purchased at http://www.ScrapNTime.com
Latest from the Blog
JPEG files are saved with a solid background, instead of a transparent background. Therefore, they require a little additional cleanup when importing them into Cricut Design Space and turning them into cut files. Keep reading for a step-by-step guide for uploading and cleaning up Simple JPEG Files or scroll to the bottom for a step-by-stepContinue reading “How to Upload Simple JPEGs into Cricut Design Space and Turn Them into Cut Files”
Turn a $3 Target Dollar Spot Makeup Organizer into a Creative Tool Tote for Your Craft and Scrapbook Supplies – And Get Organized! With the help of a Cricut or any cutting machine, you can turn this $3 makeup organizer, found in the Target dollar spot, into a creatively fun organizer to keep all ofContinue reading “From the Dollar Spot to a Creative Tool Tote”
Now in stock – sports papers. More than 20 single sheet sports papers are now available in sports ranging from lacrosse, cross country, football, baseball, soccer, golf, rugby and more! Calling all Minnesota sports fans – team paper packs are now in stock. Now available – Twins, Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves and Minnesota Soccer paper packs.Continue reading “New: Sports Papers”
I’m a wife, mom of 2 polar opposite teenagers and scrapbooker at heart. I’m sure I’m like most of you whose life revolves around their family. I think that’s why scrapbooking became my passion. I can preserve the memories and relive them while scrapbooking them. Someone once asked me if my kids mind being featured on layouts that I publish on my website and highlight at scrapbook events. Hmm, I never asked and they never complained. But I’ve always had a love of crafting. I started sewing when I was 10 and asked Santa for a sewing machine, even though my mom didn’t sew. I remember making latch hook rugs, ornaments with beads and sewing doll clothes. I still do some quilting and cardmaking, but scrapbooking is my favorite.
My passion for scrapbooking has grown. I’ve worked at a retail scrapbook store. Then progressed into hosting scrapbook events with friends. It became difficult finding stores who wanted to bring in product to sell during the events, so I started stocking supplies for the events. My inventory grew and I brought it online. I also create a club kit – well, you don’t need to join and there is no commitment, so it’s not really a club, but it’s a kit. It features new, coordinating products and is paired with 3 coordinating layout ideas – two 2-page layouts and one 12×12 layout. Instructions are included, but nothing is pre-cut so you can use the ideas as is, add your twist to them or ignore them all together – it’s up to you. Also, there is typically 2 of each patterned paper in the kit. I hate it when you get 1 sheet, love both sides and trying to create a 2-page layout.
My style is simple – I like to embellish, but not lose sight of the photos. Photos always take center stage, but I love to make the papers enhance the story. I tend to do more 2-page layouts then 1-page layouts. But I’ve also been know to create 6-page layouts with the panoramic page protectors – great for vacations.
Join me on this scrapbook journey. I hope you’ll find some useful ideas that you incorporate into your scrapbook and crafting journey.
Look What’s New!
Now in stock – sports papers. More than 20 single sheet sports papers are now available in sports ranging from lacrosse, cross country, football, baseball, soccer, golf, rugby and more!
Calling all Minnesota sports fans – team paper packs are now in stock. Now available – Twins, Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves and Minnesota Soccer paper packs.
What sports are your scrapbooking? Let me know and let me know which of the sports papers you like.
5 Ways to Make Your Layouts Shimmer, Shine & Pop!
Transfer foils, glitter gels and transfer gels can add that sparkle and pop to your layouts.
- Transfer foils with pre-cut or full sheet 3D Foam – 3D Foam comes in pre-cut sheets or 6×12 sheets which you can cut or die cut to your desired shape. Put the shape on your layout, press the transfer foil – shiny side up – over the 3D foam and rub with your finger. It doesn’t take much pressure, just rub to make sure the shape is covered and gently lift up the foil. The 3D form should now be shiny!
- Transfer foils with a glue pen – Draw your design with a glue pen. Add the transfer foil – shiny side up – and run to cover the design. Gently lift up the foam and you’re done!
- Glitter gels are amazing, easy to use, but can be a bit messy. Creative Expressions has a line of glitter gels which come with a foam applicator. For the others, you can use jumbo foam daubers, palette knifes, or even a Popsicle stick for applying it. You can use these directly on your layout, or secure a stencil on your layout and then apply the glitter gel. Use a scraper to remove excess glitter gel. Then, carefully remove the stencil by lifting straight up. Pixie spray is a light tack adhesive that will temporarily adhere the stencil to your paper. Purple tape is another way of securing a stencil to your paper.
- Decofoil Transfer Gel Duo and Blanco – Use a stencil, as in #3, and apply the transfer gel duo or blanco. Allow time to dry – over night works great. Then add the enamel sheet (shiny side up) or flocking sheet (fuzzy side down). The Duo is either heat or pressure activated. Once your creation is ready, you can put it between parchment paper, add a piece of cardstock as a shim, and run it through a heat laminator. The heat will activate the Duo and transfer the enamel or flocking. The Blanco is similar to the Duo, but is designed to be used on dark paper and is only heat activated. The Blanco has a white base which makes the enamel and flocking pop against dark colors.
- SpellBinders Glimmer Machine – The glimmer machine heats the glimmer plates. Once ready, you sandwich the foil between the glimmer plate and paper and run the whole thing through a die cut machine.
Adding shimmer and shine to make your layouts pop is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.